Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
This wrap makes a scrumptious lunch or dinner that comes together in just a minute! Adapted from Wraps cookbook, loaned by a friend, and put here for safekeeping.
- 4 cups water
- sea salt
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chopped tomato, seeds discarded
- 3 tablespoons picante sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons red onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, warm
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 whole wheat tortillas (10-inch-11-inch)
- Mix the water and 1/2 teaspoons salt in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the broccoli and cook until it turns bright green and is tender but still crisp, about 1 minute. Drain the water and rinse the broccoli under cold water. Let drain completely and set aside.
- Combine the tomato, picante sauce, basil, onion, vinegar, lime juice, garlic and 1/8 teaspoons salt in a large bowl. Add the broccoli, rice and cheese and stir to combine. Divide among the tortillas and wrap.
- Enjoy right away!
- How to wrap:.
- If tortilla is stiff, warm slightly(about 15 seconds) to make more flexible. Fold the right and left edges of the tortilla over the filling, toward the center. Fold the bottom edge of the tortilla toward the center and gently roll until the tortilla is completely wrapped around the filling.
Nice recipe, and easy. It went together fast--so fast I didn't even have time to snap a picture. I had enough for three wraps. My tortillas were probably a touch smaller. It made for a nice wrap, and I love sandwiches and wraps. Definitely don't leave out the basil--it really packs a flavor punch. Thanks!
Oh, so nice, & something that my vegetarian son & DIL were willing to eat, too! Really enjoyed the combo of vegetables as well as the goodies that made 'em special! This recipe goes into my KEEPER file, for sure! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
These were such delicious wraps !! I was suppose to be making this for 4 of us at lunch so I doubled the recipe...boy, did I get more than just 4 wraps....I had made 6 wraps and I had enough left over to probably make another 10. Maybe I should of had more stuffing in them ..not sure...but doesn't matter..what mattered was I had leftover stuffing !!! Yummy !! I had to keep the tomatoes out of the mix because someone was allergic to them and so I added them just on top when I made some of the other wraps. Instead of using the picante sauce because it contains tomatoes I had used Thai sweet chili sauce. This turned out so fantastic because it added a nice little sweet taste with a zip to the wraps. I think the prep time is a little more than just 15 minutes though by the time you chop and cook the broccoli and cook the rice. Assembly is real fast though. But we all enjoyed our lunch today. Thanks for sharing your recipe Sharon, will be making these again. Made in honor of Sharon's DH