Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you love junk food, you'll love these! Potato chips, white chocolate, powdered sugar and more! These are fun and tasty!
- 16 tablespoons butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup finely-crushed finely-crushed salted plain potato chips (about 4-oz.)
- powdered sugar
- Whisk together flour and cornstatch. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Gradually add flour qnd mix well. Add vanilla and potato chips and mix well. Fold in cold chocolate chips. Chill 15 to 30 minutes.
- Scoop out walnut-sized balls of dough with a small ice cream scoop or spoon and drop onto ungreased parchment-covered cookie sheets about 2-inches apart. Take a flat-bottomed drinking glass, dip in powdered sugar, and gently flatten the cookies slightly. (Don't flatten too much or make them too large as they will be too thin and will crumble easily).
- Bake at 350°F for 12 to 14 minutes until edges are faintly golden. Let cool 5 minutes before removing with a spatula to racks. Let cookies cool before serving and storing. Have fun asking your family or guests the secret ingredient(potato chips).
- Note*Use the thin-style, plain chips, not the ruffled ones or Composite chips like Pringles. To crush the chips, put them into a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush them. The grains should be slightly larger than large grains of kosher salt. Prep time includes chill time.
These are a big hit at my house. These are different from other cookies in their fragility, a lot like shortbread in consistency. Caution: the ingredients list doesn't list the white chocolate chips, so when I came to the part about adding them, a very confused me grabbed the chocolate ones! These would be even more outstanding with white chips. Tip: these are so fragile that I wouldn't recommend serving or eating them warm; they are their sturdiest best cooled. Thanks, FLUFFSTER, for a fun and crazy cookie! Made for My 3 Chefs event.