Oh sweet, sweet decadence made a tad less naughty. I grew up with everyone calling them "junk bars," but they're also known as seven-layer or magic bars/cookies. No matter what you call it, it's a real treat ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups Fiber One cereal, made into 1 cup crumbs or 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (made from almost 3 sheets = 14 slim crackers)
- 1/2 cup water (approx)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut, flaked (scant)
- 1 cup butterscotch chips (I used 20 crushed werther's candies, scant)
- 1 cup nuts (I used soynuts)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used 1 pkg. Hershey's sugar free dark chocolate candies, crushed)
- 1 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1Preheat oven to 350*F.
- 2Mix water and crumbs in a 13x9 pan.
- 3Using the bottom of a large measuring cup, press the moist crumbs down; evenly distributing them Using a smaller measuring cup, get the corners.
- 4Sprinkle coconut on top followed by butterscotch, nuts, and chocolate.
- 5Drizzle sweetened condensed milk evenly on top.
- 6Bake for 20-30 minutes.
- 7Drool and devour.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Junk Bars (aka Seven Layer Bars)
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.7
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 44.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free sweetened condensed milk