Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Oh sweet, sweet decadence made a tad less naughty. I grew up with everyone calling them "junk bars," but they're also known as seven-layer or magic bars/cookies. No matter what you call it, it's a real treat ;)
- 2 cups Fiber One cereal, made into 1 cup crumbs or 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (made from almost 3 sheets = 14 slim crackers)
- 1⁄2 cup water (approx)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut, flaked (scant)
- 1 cup butterscotch chips (I used 20 crushed werther's candies, scant)
- 1 cup nuts (I used soynuts)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used 1 pkg. Hershey's sugar free dark chocolate candies, crushed)
- 1 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Mix water and crumbs in a 13x9 pan.
- Using the bottom of a large measuring cup, press the moist crumbs down; evenly distributing them Using a smaller measuring cup, get the corners.
- Sprinkle coconut on top followed by butterscotch, nuts, and chocolate.
- Drizzle sweetened condensed milk evenly on top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Drool and devour.
This did not work for me at all! I don't know if I did something horribly wrong or what but I ended up having to throw the whole thing out! The graham crust was somewhat mushy and none of the chocolate chips or caramel chips melted. It didn't hold together at all - just fell apart when I tried to cut it. I don't know what happened! Anyway, I won't try it again - my husband was a little irritated at all the waste!
Yummy! I used graham cracker crumbs and slivered almonds.