Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
It doesn't get any better than this. I got this from the New York Cookbook by Molly O'Neill.
- 59.14 ml graham cracker crumbs
- 177.44 ml sugar, plus
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml sifted cornstarch
- 850.48 g cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 118.29 ml heavy cream (whipping)
- 3.69 ml vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously butter the bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform pan.
- Lightly coat the bottom of the pan with the graham cracker crumbs and refrigerate pan.
- In large bowl, combine the sugar and cornstarch.
- Beat in cream cheese, then beat in egg.
- Slowly drizzle in the heavy cream, beating constantly.
- Add vanilla and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into prepared pan and bake until top is golden, 40-45 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 3 hours.
Finally, someone else , makes a cheesecake like mine. This is my exact recipe. I had to modify it a few years back though, as I have to make everything gluten free.