This is the strawberry sauce to serve over Junior's Pound Cake which I have posted separately. Also great on ice cream. This can be frozen. Yield is estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash, sort through, hull, and slice the berries 1/2 inch thick.
- 2Bring 1 cup of the water and the sugar to a boil in a medium sized sauce pan over high heat.
- 3Boil for 5 minutes.
- 4Mix cornstarch and the remaining 1/4 cup water together in a cup until the cornstarch throughly dissolves.
- 5Slowly whisk this mixture into the boiling syrup.
- 6Return to a full boil and boil for 2 minutes.
- 7Remove the syrup from the heat and whisk in the food coloring if you wish.
- 8Stir in the vanilla and gently fold in the strawberries.
- 9Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Junior's Fresh Strawberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (2451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 616.0
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 154.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 128.4 g
- Protein 4.1 g