Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the strawberry sauce to serve over Junior's Pound Cake which I have posted separately. Also great on ice cream. This can be frozen. Yield is estimated.
- Wash, sort through, hull, and slice the berries 1/2 inch thick.
- Bring 1 cup of the water and the sugar to a boil in a medium sized sauce pan over high heat.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and the remaining 1/4 cup water together in a cup until the cornstarch throughly dissolves.
- Slowly whisk this mixture into the boiling syrup.
- Return to a full boil and boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove the syrup from the heat and whisk in the food coloring if you wish.
- Stir in the vanilla and gently fold in the strawberries.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Super Easy. But, after following the directions to the T, it still tasted cornstarchy .. But, I'm going to serve it, b/c, overall it has great eye appeal and it tastes good b/c the berries are HUGE and ALL ripe..
Great tasting sauce for Junior's Pound cake, pancakes, ice cream. Roxygirl