Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe on the Weight Watchers Message Board. It is suppose to be from Cooking Light, March 1999.
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 32 about 3 ounces creamy chocolate-covered mint candies (such as Junior Mints)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat bottom of an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine butter and mints in a 2-cup glass measuring cup; microwave at high 30 seconds or until soft. Stir until smooth, and set aside.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife.
- Combine flour, soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Combine sugar, cocoa, egg, and egg white in a large bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended.
- Add mint mixture; beat well.
- Add flour mixture; beat at a low speed just until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean; cool completely on a wire rack.