Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I'm a big Junior Mint fan and these really satisfy my craving.
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 32 chocolate-covered mint candies (about 3 ounces)
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat bottom of an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine butter and mints in a 2 cup glass container; microwave at high 30 seconds or until soft.
- Stir until smooth; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, set aside.
- Combine sugar, cocoa, egg, and egg white in a large bowl; beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Add mint mixture and beat well.
- Add flour mixture and beat at low speed just until blended.
- Pour batter into pan and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
WOW!! These are GREAT brownies! I will admit, I have never made brownies from scratch, but today was my best friend's birthday and she LOVES Junior Mints, so I went for it. Not only were they very easy to make, but better than any box brownie I have ever made!! The name says it all...a delicious moist fudgy brownie that is loaded with that great Junior Mints flavor!! Thanks for this great recipe!! :)
Awesome twist to an old favorite. The 9x13 pan was gone in less than 3 hours. TFS.
My family loved these--I couldn't get my son to stop eating them. The mint flavor is different from any other brownie I've had and I really enjoyed them. The only thing I did different was to use reduced calorie margarine instead of regular.