Recipe by JLofAustin
Green Beans with Pecans and Bleu Cheese
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Delicious dish! I love fresh green beans and of course, all of the other lucious components of this recipe. There was no reference to how much vinegar or what kind so I guessed at it and used balsamic. I will definitely keep this recipe on my short list for future dinner parties and holiday celebrations. Made for PAC, 2011.
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans
- 3 ounces bleu cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk shallots, 1 tablespoon of oil, vinegar and mustard in a bowl. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium high heat until hot. Add pecans and salt. Saute for 1 minute. Drain on a paper towel and chop coarsely.
- Blanch the beans in boiling water in a saucepan just until tender, drain. Plunge in ice water, drain. Combine the beans and mustard dressing in a bowl and toss to coat. Add the cheese and half of the nuts and toss. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the rest of the nuts. Serve at room temperature.