Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This chicken can be baked in the oven or grilled but it is better if cooked on the grill. It is a sweet marinade and sauce and the barbecue sauce can easily be halved or doubled for more or less chicken. The recipe comes from Downtown Savannah Style.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, split
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 3⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Place in a large ziplock bag.
- Combine 1/2 cup sherry and next 3 ingredients until well combined. Pour over chicken in the ziplock and massage to make sure all chicken in covered in marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight. Turn occasionally.
- When ready to make, drain chicken discarding marinade. Arrange in a shallow baking pan. Mix the rest of the ingredients together and pour over the chicken.
- Bake at 350º for 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and no pink remains. Turn once halfway through cooking.
- If grilling the chicken, baste only at the end of grilling with the barbecue sauce to avoid having the sauce burn.
This was a nice change from the ordinary BBQ chicken....kind of oriental tasting...the only thing I changed was I used sugar free brown sugar...very tasty.