Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Great seasoned gametime sandwiches, or a great dinner served with some fries.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs beef roast
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 quart pickle juice
- 2 dill pickles, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced, and sauteed
- 1 -1 1⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- Combine all ingredients except cheese and mushrooms in a slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on high for 4-5 hours.
- Shred meat using 2 forks. Reduce heat to low, and cook for 1 hour, or until meat is very tender.
- Serve on hamburger buns with sauteed mushrooms, and the cheese of your choice.