Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great snack for the kids, and adults to munch on. I had my Cub Scouts make it at a den meeting, and they loved it. I got it from a children's cookbook I sent away for on a bag of Gold Medal flour, called Alpha-Bakery.
- 2 cups apple cinnamon Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 2 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 2 cups honey nut Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups animal crackers
- 1 1⁄2 cups pretzel twists
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheese-flavored snack crackers
- 1⁄2 cup assorted chewy fruit snack candy (gummi shapes)
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Store in an airtight container.
I did something very similar when my children were younger. Since they are allergic to nuts I have to be careful. I added goldfish, pretzels, cheerios, shreddies, chex (two different flavors) I would make a huge batch. Then I would divide into separate baggies. Kids loved them as well as their friends. I would send extra bags to school with my children to share.
I made these for a bake sale and they turned out wonderful! I doubled the recipe and also doubled the amount of gummi bears. We,of coarse,saved some for home and it's already gone too. They all sold fast at the sale. I put the mix into a 9oz cup and covered it with red wrap and a rubberband. It made a ton!! Thanks! :)
Made this for my little granddaughter to take on a long road trip. She just picked the things she like out of it. Very easy. Thanks Aunt Paula. Bullwinkle.