Recipe by Aunt Paula
This is a great snack for the kids, and adults to munch on. I had my Cub Scouts make it at a den meeting, and they loved it. I got it from a children's cookbook I sent away for on a bag of Gold Medal flour, called Alpha-Bakery.
Top Review by DPENDER
I did something very similar when my children were younger. Since they are allergic to nuts I have to be careful. I added goldfish, pretzels, cheerios, shreddies, chex (two different flavors) I would make a huge batch. Then I would divide into separate baggies. Kids loved them as well as their friends. I would send extra bags to school with my children to share.
- 2 cups apple cinnamon Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 2 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 2 cups honey nut Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups animal crackers
- 1 1⁄2 cups pretzel twists
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheese-flavored snack crackers
- 1⁄2 cup assorted chewy fruit snack candy (gummi shapes)