Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posting for safe keeping Times are approximate Think this will be made for Christmas gifts baskets
- 453.59 g white chocolate, chopped
- 295.73 ml dried apricots, slivered
- 59.14 ml candied ginger, chopped
- In bowl over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water melt chocolate, stirring occasionally. Stir in apricots and candied ginger.
- Pour onto foil-lined baking sheet; using palette knife or rubber spatula spread into 12- x 9- inch (30 x 23 cm) rectangle.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until hardened. Break into pieces.
Super simple and oh so yummy. I liked the suggestion of nuts being included so I added a handful of chopped pecans. It was 8 mins from beginning to chill and most of that was chopping the apricots, ginger and nuts. This is popular with a capital P. Be sure to use good quality chocolate (I used Lindt). The chocolate will make the difference between a piece of heaven or a copy of something you'd pick up while paying for your gasoline. Made for Photo Tag.
The flavors in this worked well together; I love candied ginger which is what attracted me to this recipe. Next time I will add some chopped macadamia nut for textural interest; I think that would make this a 5-star recipe. Thanks for posting!