Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I learned to make this in New Mexico with Hatch chiles. As with all my tomato recipes, don't even bother if you can't get home grown! ;-)
- 1 1⁄4 lbs home grown tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapenos or 1 tablespoon green chili, minced,to taste
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 pinch sugar
- When chopping tomatoes, chop finely, or grind a portion in the blender if you prefer smoother salsa.
- Mix all ingredients together and chill for 1 hour.
We really enjoyed this Pico De Gallo! It was easy to make and had outstanding flavor. My tomatoes were not home grown -- I used the "vine tomatoes" I found in the grocery store. I can imagine using home grown tomatoes would really take this "over the moon". Thank you for posting such an outstanding recipe.