Recipe by Carol :)
This recipe has been in my family forever it seems. The sauce is simular to a sweet and sour sauce and when the chicken is finished cooking it is literally falling off the bone. I make it often in the summer and serve it with potato salad. It's sooo yummy!
Top Review by Danielle in New Hampshire
This was a wonderful recipe, very tasty. It made the chicken very moist. I did use chicken breasts instead of chicken pieces. I baked them in pan in the oven as called for but basted the sauce over the chicken while cooking. It was delicious! If you are tired of boring old chicken, then try this tasty sauce, and you will fall in love with it! Enjoy
- 6 -8 chicken pieces (I often use thigh & leg)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- water (tiny bit)
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons teriyaki sauce
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Rinse chicken pieces with cold water and flour lightly.
- (I usually put flour into a bag and shake the chicken.) Place chicken into a greased roaster, add a tiny bit of water and bake for 1 hour.
- While chicken bakes, combine the ingredients to make the sauce.
- After the hour is up, pour sauce over chicken and place back into the oven.
- Continue to bake for about 1 hour.