Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe has been in my family forever it seems. The sauce is simular to a sweet and sour sauce and when the chicken is finished cooking it is literally falling off the bone. I make it often in the summer and serve it with potato salad. It's sooo yummy!
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Rinse chicken pieces with cold water and flour lightly.
- (I usually put flour into a bag and shake the chicken.) Place chicken into a greased roaster, add a tiny bit of water and bake for 1 hour.
- While chicken bakes, combine the ingredients to make the sauce.
- After the hour is up, pour sauce over chicken and place back into the oven.
- Continue to bake for about 1 hour.
This was a wonderful recipe, very tasty. It made the chicken very moist. I did use chicken breasts instead of chicken pieces. I baked them in pan in the oven as called for but basted the sauce over the chicken while cooking. It was delicious! If you are tired of boring old chicken, then try this tasty sauce, and you will fall in love with it! Enjoy
This was positively delicious. I used chicken breasts, and I think next time I will score them to make sure the sauce goes all throughout the meat. Everthing came out so tender, and tasted so good! I might add that this sauce is exactly what I've been looking for as a loompia dipping sauce. And the teriyaki sauce is interchangeable with soy sauce. Absolutely a find - Thank You!
WOW, this chicken was great!!!! I used chicken breast, and only cooked it for 1 1/2 hrs (30 mins dry, 1 hr in the sauce). I followed the sauce ingredients exactly. The only thing I was unsure about was whether to cover the pan or not?? I opted to cover it, I'd rather have soggy chicken than dry:):)But it wasn't soggy at all, it was yummy and sweet and moist!! I really wanted to take a picture, but it smelled so good that as soon as I had it out of the oven my family attacked it:) So next time I'll get a picture. Thank you so much for sharing!!!!