Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe has been in my family forever it seems. The sauce is simular to a sweet and sour sauce and when the chicken is finished cooking it is literally falling off the bone. I make it often in the summer and serve it with potato salad. It's sooo yummy!
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Rinse chicken pieces with cold water and flour lightly.
- (I usually put flour into a bag and shake the chicken.) Place chicken into a greased roaster, add a tiny bit of water and bake for 1 hour.
- While chicken bakes, combine the ingredients to make the sauce.
- After the hour is up, pour sauce over chicken and place back into the oven.
- Continue to bake for about 1 hour.