Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This black bean salad can be made with Chili oil or Olive oil. The recipe comes from Better Homes & Gardens.com
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons chili oil or 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 cups mixed greens (torn)
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- ground red pepper
- Stir together black beans, chili or olive oil, cumin, and lime juice; set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together greens, tomato, and carrot; add bean mixture and toss to mix.
- Season to taste with salt and red pepper,serve.
This was very good! I used the olive oil and left out the carrot. I loved the lime and cumin combined. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag Game 2010.
Thank you for sharing this wonderful and easy to put together-recipe! The flavor was so good, and the different tastes/flavors blended extremely well. We love cumin but I only had the whole seeds on hand so that is what I used, just a dash or two. Wonderful!!
This is excellent! It made a really great picnic lunch today. I mixed all the ingredients except the lettuce together, and added that when we were ready to eat. I did top my salad with some corn chips and thought it made a really great crunchy addition. I think this would make a great taco filling also. Thanks for another great black bean recipe!