Recipe by tmw_2008
A flavorful favorite that you can enjoy without guilt. Add your own spices to taste.
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, peeled and chopped
- 8 ounces smoked turkey sausage, pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked pinto beans
- 16 ounces cajun-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 cups long grain brown rice, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onions, celery and peppers until they soften.
- Add garlic, stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, Tabasco sauce, salt and water. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until veggies are soft.
- Stir in pinto beans.
- Heat skillet with oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey sausage and cook until browned (5 min).
- Add sausage and cooked rice to pot of veggies and simmer for 5 minutes, while stirring.