Recipe by Charlotte J
This appetizer mixes up fast and then bakes as you finish getting things ready for your guest.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup wisconsin monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 4 slices crisp bacon, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter and sugar then gradually beat in flour until mixture forms a stiff dough.
- Beat in cheese and bacon.
- Spread dough into a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 325° F for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cut into squares and cut again diagonally for triangles while still hot.
- Cool and remove from pan.