Recipe by Chef Shadows
This is my original. I have shared this with only a few until now. I grow and use a variety of pepper called super chilies for this recipe. Cooking time does not include steeping time in fridge.
- 2 lbs fresh super chilies, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 large habanero pepper
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, red ripe
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch onion powder
- 1 pinch black pepper, ground fresh
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the super chiles, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, liquid smoke, and the other 2 types of peppers, and the vinegar in a saucepan and heat.
- Stir in the salt and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, cool, and place in a blender.
- Puree until smooth and place in a glass jar.
- Allow to steep for 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
- Remove, strain the sauce, and adjust the consistency by adding more vinegar if necessary.