Recipe by abloom69
A simple saute in the pan that creates its own creamy lemon caper sauce. Serve with rice, noodles, mashed potato or green salad. From Jill Dupleix
Top Review by Buster's friend
This is a GREAT recipe! Made it last night & actually went to the trouble of skinning & boning my chicken breasts. DH wandered by during the procedure & casually remarked it looked like I was skinning turkey breasts - they were big. That caused me to double the other ingredients - I am soo glad I did b/c the sauce is FAB!Made with a Sauvignon Blanc, next time will go for an oaky chardonnay. This recipe deserves fresh pasta so next time I will make the pasta the day before. This I will serve to guests - it is sooo good. BTW - with purchased boneless/skinless breasts this would be a mighty quick recipe too! Thank you abloom69 for a keeper!
- 3 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons flour
- sea salt
- pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons capers, well rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap or wax paper and bash flat with a meat pounder or a rolling pin, and I mean as thin as a coin - almost breaking up.
- Tear the chicken into little rags with your fingers, and toss lightly in flour, seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a heavy bottomed frying pan, when hot, add chicken, scattering the pieces so they don't clump together. Instead of stirring, move the pan on the heat and flip chicken pieces until lightly golden, so they jump in the pan.
- Add the garlic, bay leaves, capers, sea salt, and pepper. Remove the pan from the heat and add the white wine, return to a high heat. Let the wine bubble away, again jiggling the pan like crazy.
- When there is only a little wine left, add lemon juice and parsley, jiggle the pan until the sauce comes together and looks creamy. Taste and adjust if needed then Serve immediately.