1/1 Photo of Jump in the Pan Chicken
Aunty Dotty's Note:
If you love lemon, I think you'll love this! Its very quick and easy, a perfect midweek meal actually. Be careful with the amount of flour that gets cooked on the chicken, as it can make the finished dish a bit 'gluggy'. But you can always squeeze more lemon on to loosen the sauce.. I think this a Jill Dupleix recipe ( her's are always great! ) Feel free to muck around with it, as it's a pretty loose recipe..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pound the breasts out to 1 cm or less thin. Tear it into 'rags' 2cm by 4cm -- or just guess like me.
- 2Toss in a bowl with flour to lightly coat.
- 3Heat 2 tbs oil and 1 tbs butter in a good sized pan over med-hot heat.
- 4When hot, add the chook in bits and pieces so as not to overload the pan all at once.
- 5Add the garlic and bay leaves, and 'jump in the pan' until nice and golden.
- 6Remove pan from heat and add wine, capers, salt and pepper.
- 7Put back on the stove on high heat, moving and bubbling.
- 8When reduced to only a little, add 1 tbs butter, a squeeze of lemon and the parsley and jiggle til creamy.
- 9Serve with the extra lemon over rice or pasta and something like spinach or green beans on the side.( ie any combo that takes your fancy! ).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jump in the Pan Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.9
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 61.6 mg
- Sodium 226.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 16.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried bay leaves