Recipe by Terry Davis
We don't normally eat shrimp but this recipe was so good I had to add it.
Top Review by adopt a greyhound
This was great but I left out the pasta and made two as written. I ended up putting shrimp into the wraps and cooking as an egg roll. Great flavor and will make again. I froze the remaining 4 that I didn't cook.
- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled, deveined and cooked (16/20)
- 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce or 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 ounces angel hair pasta, broken into 3rds and cooked
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground pork
- 16 ounces egg roll wraps
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl mix peanut butter, tamari sauce, honey, ginger, crushed red pepper, green onions, cilantro, carrots and pork.
- In large sauce pan heat sesame oil until very hot.
- Add pork mixture to pan and cook stirring constantly for about 3 minutes or until pork is done.
- In large bowl add angel hair pasta and pork mixture and mix well.
- Cut shrimp down center where it has been deveined and add about 1 tablespoon pork mixture to each shrimp.
- Take one egg roll wrapper and fold in half to form triangle.
- Place shrimp on folded edge with tail dropped past fold, it will stick out the bottom and you can use as handle.
- Fold top down over the shrimp as tight as possible.
- Next fold right side onto shrimp as tight as possible.
- Beat egg in a bowl.
- Cover remaining edge with a small amount of egg mixture to seal edge and fold edge over to the right as tight as possible.
- repeat until out of shrimp or wrappers.
- Cook in deep fryer for 3 minutes.
- Serve with a wasabi sauce if you like spicy and enjoy.