Terry Davis in Cedar City's Note:
We don't normally eat shrimp but this recipe was so good I had to add it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled, deveined and cooked (16/20)
- 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce or 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 ounces angel hair pasta, broken into 3rds and cooked
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 3/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 lbs ground pork
- 16 ounces egg roll wraps
- 1 egg
- 1In large bowl mix peanut butter, tamari sauce, honey, ginger, crushed red pepper, green onions, cilantro, carrots and pork.
- 2In large sauce pan heat sesame oil until very hot.
- 3Add pork mixture to pan and cook stirring constantly for about 3 minutes or until pork is done.
- 4In large bowl add angel hair pasta and pork mixture and mix well.
- 5Cut shrimp down center where it has been deveined and add about 1 tablespoon pork mixture to each shrimp.
- 6Take one egg roll wrapper and fold in half to form triangle.
- 7Place shrimp on folded edge with tail dropped past fold, it will stick out the bottom and you can use as handle.
- 8Fold top down over the shrimp as tight as possible.
- 9Next fold right side onto shrimp as tight as possible.
- 10Beat egg in a bowl.
- 11Cover remaining edge with a small amount of egg mixture to seal edge and fold edge over to the right as tight as possible.
- 12repeat until out of shrimp or wrappers.
- 13Cook in deep fryer for 3 minutes.
- 14Serve with a wasabi sauce if you like spicy and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jumbo Thai Stuffed Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 814.9
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 263.9 mg
- Sodium 842.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 56.8 g