Fresh strawberries and chocolate baked in a delicious oatmeal batter that bakes out crispy on the outside and chewy inside. These are really big cookies! You can also cut the strawberries in quarters, depending on how large your berries are, also these oatmeal cookies are still delicious without using the strawberries.
- 1 cup butter, melted (no subs please!)
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (or to taste)
- 3 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced in halves
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- Set oven 350°.
- Set oven rack to middle position.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- With an electric mixer, cream melted butter with sugars until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
- Add in the eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, oatmeal and salt; mix well to combine.
- Add in the dry mixture to the creamed mixture; mix well until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, strawberries (care not to break too many of the the berries when mixing in) walnuts and raisins.
- Shape into golf ball size balls.
- Place on a cookie sheet (leaving 2-inches apart).
- Bake for 12-16 minutes or until set.
- Cool ten minutes before removing to a wire rack.