Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is like a jumbo potato pancake!
Make and share this Jumbo Skillet Potato Pancake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs potatoes, grated
- 2 -3 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (can use more)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (or use 1/2-1 teaspoon white salt or to taste)
- black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (or to taste) (optional)
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- In a large bowl mix together shredded potatoes with green onions, eggs, parsley, garlic, seasoned salt, black pepper and cayenne (if using).
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter with 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large frypan over medium heat until hot.
- Spread the potato mixture evenly in the skillet using back of a large spoon.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes to brown the underside.
- Reduce heat and cook further for another 6-7 minutes or until potato mixture is firm on one side.
- Using two spatulas turn the pancake over, gently lift and add in 2 tablespoons butter or 1 tablespoon each of butter and olive oil under the pancake; cook for another 5-7 minutes or until the pancake is set and done to desired crispness.
- Season the top with more black pepper if desired.
- Best served hot.
We have thoroughly enjoyed this delicious recipe twice twice now. Both times, I have scaled it back by a third which provided a generous quantity for two of us. I also made two pancakes rather than the one as they're easier to turn over, but making one or two is certainly easier than making lots of smaller ones! I always love how much garlic KITTENCAL includes in her recipes as I never have to think 'how much extra do I want to include?' I used freshly ground black pepper but not the cayenne pepper, and added grindings of rosemary and sage from a mini grinder, a blend which I'm finding so delicious and using in lots of recipes. We enjoyed these with tzatziki and salad. YUM: these are going to be made often, particularly when the weather's hot and having the oven on is the last thing you want to do! Thanks KITTENCAL for sharing another super recipe! Made for All New Zaar Cookbooks Tag.