This is like a jumbo potato pancake!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs potatoes, grated
- 2 -3 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (can use more)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (or use 1/2-1 teaspoon white salt or to taste)
- black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (or to taste) (optional)
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1In a large bowl mix together shredded potatoes with green onions, eggs, parsley, garlic, seasoned salt, black pepper and cayenne (if using).
- 2Heat 2 tablespoons butter with 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large frypan over medium heat until hot.
- 3Spread the potato mixture evenly in the skillet using back of a large spoon.
- 4Cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes to brown the underside.
- 5Reduce heat and cook further for another 6-7 minutes or until potato mixture is firm on one side.
- 6Using two spatulas turn the pancake over, gently lift and add in 2 tablespoons butter or 1 tablespoon each of butter and olive oil under the pancake; cook for another 5-7 minutes or until the pancake is set and done to desired crispness.
- 7Season the top with more black pepper if desired.
- 8Best served hot.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jumbo Skillet Potato Pancake
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.6
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 322.7 mg
- Sodium 224.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 15.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: