A simple and delicious shrimp dish. The sauce can be made ahead of time. I decreased th marmalade after reading Kitz review because 1/2 cup was my typo. Should be 1/4 cup marmalade, but feel free to add more if you like it sweeter.
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined (16-20)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure chile powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- For the Sauce:.
- In a small saucepan warm the peanut oil over medium heat.
- Add the ginger and garlic.
- Cook until golden brown, about 60 to 90 second, stirring often.
- Add the marmalade, rice vinegar, dijon mustard and soy sauce and stir until the marmalade has melted.
- Remove from heat and set aside at room temperature.
- If made ahead, warm the sauce over medium heat until the marmalade has melted again.
- In a large bowl mix the oil, salt, chile powder, paprika and pepper.
- Add the shrimp to the bowl and mix thoroughly to coat the shrimp evenly with the spices.
- Thread shrimp onto metal skewers or you can also use a fish basket.
- Heat grill to 500 to 550 degrees (high heat).
- With the grill lid closed, grill shrimp over Direct high heat until just opaque in the center and firm to touch, 3-5 minutes, turning once.
- Serve warm with as much sauce as you like drizzled over the top or use as a dipping suace.
Thanks for the great recipe. The sauce is not as thick as I want it to be because I used orange juice instead of marmalade. And I added some corn starch to thicken it. Great tasty sauce to shrimp. It is really creative.
Very nice! The sweet and sour sauce is a good complement to the spicy shrimp. Thanks for sharing!
Oh my goodness, our son came over and invited us to cook him dinner! He wanted steak and shrimp. I had the shrimp to make my photo swapgal Nimrodcook's jumbo shrimp with sweet and sour sauce...YES MAAM! 5 stars! And then he needed money to get steaks...he invited uS, but we paid. That's okay, we got to see him at least and we love HIS DOG. And he gave Nim's Shrimp 10 stars, he wanted to fix it his own way and I told him...to go with this...of course I cooked. YUMMIES there NIMZ! Another winner, you ROCK, and our kid loves ya too!