1/1 Photo of Jumbo Shrimp With Sweet-And-Sour Sauce
A simple and delicious shrimp dish. The sauce can be made ahead of time. I decreased th marmalade after reading Kitz review because 1/2 cup was my typo. Should be 1/4 cup marmalade, but feel free to add more if you like it sweeter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined (16-20)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1For the Sauce:.
- 2In a small saucepan warm the peanut oil over medium heat.
- 3Add the ginger and garlic.
- 4Cook until golden brown, about 60 to 90 second, stirring often.
- 5Add the marmalade, rice vinegar, dijon mustard and soy sauce and stir until the marmalade has melted.
- 6Remove from heat and set aside at room temperature.
- 7If made ahead, warm the sauce over medium heat until the marmalade has melted again.
- 9In a large bowl mix the oil, salt, chile powder, paprika and pepper.
- 10Add the shrimp to the bowl and mix thoroughly to coat the shrimp evenly with the spices.
- 11Thread shrimp onto metal skewers or you can also use a fish basket.
- 12Heat grill to 500 to 550 degrees (high heat).
- 13With the grill lid closed, grill shrimp over Direct high heat until just opaque in the center and firm to touch, 3-5 minutes, turning once.
- 14Serve warm with as much sauce as you like drizzled over the top or use as a dipping suace.
Browse Our Top No-Shell Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All No-Shell Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jumbo Shrimp With Sweet-And-Sour Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.2
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 345.6 mg
- Sodium 885.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 46.6 g