Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
As Bon Appetit says, the sauce does double duty, part baste and later dipping. From the june 1990 issue of bon appetit. I changed it a little by adding jalapeno, but you can omit.
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon fresh jalapeno, chopped
- 6 tablespoons chives, chopped and fresh
- 36 jumbo shrimp, uncooked, shelled and butterflied
- whole chives, with
- flour (as garnish) (optional)
- Preheat broiler.
- Place mustard in a bowl, whisk in lemon juice, then melted butter. Add chopped chives and jalapeno. Season with pepper.
- Arrange shrimp cut side up, on broiler pan. Brush with some butter mixture. Broil until cooked through 4 minutes.
- Serve, garnishing with whole chives if using and pass remaining butter for dipping.
This is a very delicious way to prepare shrimp. Loved the dipping sauce and made as directed with no changes. Will definitely make this dish again. Made for the FYC tag game.
So good and so easy. I added more jalapeno and also some garlic powder per a previous review. DH and I really enjoyed this. Thank you. Made for Herb & Spice -- Chives tag game.
Delicious! I reduced the Dijon to 3 tablespoons, increased the jalapeno and also added in 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder to the mustard/lemon mixture, thanks for sharing Marra!