Recipe by MarraMamba
As Bon Appetit says, the sauce does double duty, part baste and later dipping. From the june 1990 issue of bon appetit. I changed it a little by adding jalapeno, but you can omit.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
This is a very delicious way to prepare shrimp. Loved the dipping sauce and made as directed with no changes. Will definitely make this dish again. Made for the FYC tag game.
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon fresh jalapeno, chopped
- 6 tablespoons chives, chopped and fresh
- 36 jumbo shrimp, uncooked, shelled and butterflied
- whole chives, with
- flour (as garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Place mustard in a bowl, whisk in lemon juice, then melted butter. Add chopped chives and jalapeno. Season with pepper.
- Arrange shrimp cut side up, on broiler pan. Brush with some butter mixture. Broil until cooked through 4 minutes.
- Serve, garnishing with whole chives if using and pass remaining butter for dipping.