Recipe by conniecooks
This is from a collection of recipes from Louisiana's Bed and Breakfasts. This is a fabulous recipe
- 3 dozen shrimp
- 2 tablespoons creole mustard (grainy Mustard)
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1⁄4 cup chives, chopped
- 1⁄2 sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shellfish stock (I use clam juice)
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and devein shrimp. Set aside.
- In large skillet melt 1/2 cup of butter over med-high heat. Do not brown or burn butter.
- Sauté shrimp a few at a time until pink and curled (1-2 minutes).
- Remove shrimp from pan. Set aside.
- Add chives, green onions, bell pepper and tarragon to pan. Sauté 3 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with sherry and reduce to 1 Tbsp of liquid.
- Sprinkle in flour and blend well into the seasoning mixture.
- Add Creole mustard, whipping cream and shellfish stock.
- Whisk until all ingredients are incorporated and mixture begins to thicken. If sauce is to thick thin with a little stock or water.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- When ready to serve bring sauce to a low boil and whisk in remaining butter a little at a time.
- Add shrimp to hot sauce and continue to cooking until shrimp are heated through.
- Serve on a nest of spinach or red pepper pasta. Top with a generous serving of the sauce, and garnish with chopped chives.