Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The colors in this dish are lovely - pink shrimp contrasting with the pale green zucchini.
- 1 lb linguine or 1 lb tagliatelle pasta noodles, dried
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 zucchini, trimmed and cut into batons abou 1 1/2 in long and 1/4in wide
- 1 pinch dried chili pepper flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 lb raw peeled jumbo shrimp
- 7 tablespoons dry white wine
- 7⁄8 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream (optional)
- Put a large saucepan of salted water on to boil. Drop in the pasta and cook until al dente. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the zucchini, chili and garlic until softened slightly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the shrimp and, when just pink, pour in the wine. Allow to reduce for a couple of minutes, then pour in the broth.
- Reduce for a further 2 minutes then stir in the cream, if using, and season to taste.
- Keep warm over a gentle heat until the pasta is cooked then drain the pasta and toss into the sauce. Serve immediately.