Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is from The Pasta Salad Book by Nina Graybill and Maxine Rapoport. An Elegant first course, serve with lemon wedges and thinly sliced toasted French bread.
- 12 large pasta shells
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil, divided use
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, divided use
- 1 tablespoon drained and rinsed capers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup basic vinaigrette
- lettuce leaf
- watercress leaf (to garnish)
- lemon wedge
- Cook pasta shells, gently until al dente.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to drain.
- While still hot mix carefully with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2.
- tablespoons lemon juice and 1 tablespoon parsley.
- Drain any juice from crabmeat, discard juice.
- Mix the crab with remaining olive oil, lemon juice, capers, nuts, parsley, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Stuff shells and refrigerate until shortly before serving.
- Arrange lettuce on salad places, add 2 shells per plate.
- Drizzle lightly with vinaigrette dressing.
- Garnish with watercress and lemon wedges.
- Cooking time is fridge time.
An excellent, very easy and very pretty salad. Also makes a fine main dish. I used red leaf lettuce and the plate looked beautiful. Thanks, Rae!