Recipe by Dona England
This is from The Pasta Salad Book by Nina Graybill and Maxine Rapoport. An Elegant first course, serve with lemon wedges and thinly sliced toasted French bread.
- 12 large pasta shells
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil, divided use
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, divided use
- 1 tablespoon drained and rinsed capers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup basic vinaigrette
- lettuce leaf
- watercress leaf (to garnish)
- lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta shells, gently until al dente.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to drain.
- While still hot mix carefully with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2.
- tablespoons lemon juice and 1 tablespoon parsley.
- Drain any juice from crabmeat, discard juice.
- Mix the crab with remaining olive oil, lemon juice, capers, nuts, parsley, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Stuff shells and refrigerate until shortly before serving.
- Arrange lettuce on salad places, add 2 shells per plate.
- Drizzle lightly with vinaigrette dressing.
- Garnish with watercress and lemon wedges.
- Cooking time is fridge time.