A really yummy way to make jumbo shells stuffed with cheese taste. It makes a large amount but could be cut in half. I think it is something you could be sure people would like and be really different. I found the basic on the back of the Barilla noodles box but fixed it up some as it would have seemed bland, so I made this and we love it.
- 12 ounces jumbo pasta shells
- 1 lb ground beef
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce, i like ragu meat flavored for this recipe
- 2 eggs
- 32 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons instant minced onion
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons parsley flakes
- Boil shells with butter and salt to taste.
- Brown hamburger meat and combine with spaghetti sauce; drain shells.
- Combine the egg, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, basil, garlic powder, minced onion, oregano, salt, parsley flakes, and only 1 cup of the parmesan cheese.
- Put the mixture in the shells like a tablespoon and half into each one line them up in across a three quart casserole dish.
- Pour the meat over the top and cook for 30 minutes at 350°F.
- Add the remaining parmesan cheese over the shells and meat and allow to cook for 10 more minutes.