Recipe by BlueHyacinth
This is a great chilled pasta salad. It's very simple to make, but looks so elegant. Great for a brunch or a luncheon.
Top Review by dawn2701
I found this recipe in the "Classic Appetizers Home Cooking" book. It's a nice summer salad, I used 16 oz of medium conchiglie shells and mixed as a salad rather than taking the extra time to stuff jumbo shells as appetizers. I may add a pinch of dill or garlic next time and the flavors come together a little more after leaving in the fridge overnight.
- 1 (16 ounce) packageuncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can crabmeat, drained,flake and cartilage removed
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) can baby shrimp, drained
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese (4oz.)
- 1⁄2 cup salad dressing or 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pimiento
Directions See How It's Made
- Add shells gradually to 6 quarts boiling salted water; cook until tender, yet firm.
- Drain; rinse with cold water, then drain again.
- Invert on paper towel-lined plate to cool.
- Combine crabmeat, shrimp, cheese, salad dressing, celery, onion and pimiento.
- If mixture seems too dry, add more salad dressing.
- Spoon mixture into cooled shells; cover and refrigerate until chilled.