Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
One of my mom's old recipes that I remember liking when I was a teenager.
- 12 large shell pasta
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup well-drained cottage cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄3 cup water
- Prepare macaroni shells according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the spinach, onion, egg, salt and pepper to taste, and cottage cheese; stir to combine.
- Spoon spinach mixture into shells.
- Place shells in a shallow baking dish.
- Mix together the soup and water; spoon over macaroni shells.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-35 minutes or until heated through.