Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great buffet style lunch item.
- 1 loaf French bread or 1 loaf Italian bread
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 lb salami, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb mortadella, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 small red pepper, cut in thin strips
- 1 small green pepper, cut in thin strips
- Cut bread in half, and scoop out center of bottom half.
- Place lettuce in bottom half of bread.
- Combine vinegar, oil, capers and seasoning. Sprinkle half over lettuce.
- Arrange meats and cheese over lettuce, top with peppers and sprinkle remaining dressing over peppers.
- Cover with top half of bread.
- To Serve: Cut loaf into thick slices.