I got this recipe from an old Southern Living cookbook. I make these regularly, since we all love raisin cookies and this is a good recipe. Cook time is per pan. In answer to a reviewer, yes...You do add the rasins along with the water they were cooked in. As it cools, it thickens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook raisins in boiling water for 5 minutes, then let them cool.
- 2Cream shortening; add sugar and beat well.
- 3Add eggs and beat until well blended.
- 4Add vanilla and cooked raisins.
- 5Combine flour, baking powder, salt, soda and spices.
- 6Add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- 7Drop by spoonfuls on greased cookie sheet.
- 8Bake at 325 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jumbo Raisin Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1807 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.4
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 8.8 mg
- Sodium 58.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 1.1 g