I got this recipe from an old Southern Living cookbook. I make these regularly, since we all love raisin cookies and this is a good recipe. Cook time is per pan. In answer to a reviewer, yes...You do add the rasins along with the water they were cooked in. As it cools, it thickens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook raisins in boiling water for 5 minutes, then let them cool.
- 2Cream shortening; add sugar and beat well.
- 3Add eggs and beat until well blended.
- 4Add vanilla and cooked raisins.
- 5Combine flour, baking powder, salt, soda and spices.
- 6Add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- 7Drop by spoonfuls on greased cookie sheet.
- 8Bake at 325 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jumbo Raisin Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1807 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.4
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 8.8 mg
- Sodium 58.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 1.1 g