Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
Posted for safe keeping.
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 8 ounces unsweetened crushed canned pineapple, drained
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 15 maraschino cherries
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dissolve yeast in a large bowl with 1/2 cup warm milk.
- Stir in 1 tblsp. sugar and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs, butter, remaining milk and sugar.
- Beat in 4 cups of flour until smooth.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- On a floured surface, knead dough until smooth and elastic (about 6-8 minutes).
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled (about 1 hour).
- Melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Add orange juice, pineapple, sugar, orange peel and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Punch down dough and place on floured surface.
- Roll out to a 24" X 12" rectangle.
- Spread filling over dough to within 1/2" of edges.
- Roll up jelly-roll style.
- Pinch seam to seal.
- Cut into 15 slices and place cut side down in a 13" X 9" X 2" baking pan and a 9" sqaure baking pan coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Top each roll with a cherry.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until golden.
- Remove and place on wire racks to cool.
- Combine the glaze ingredients and drizzle over rolls.