1/2 Photos of Jumbo Peanut Spiral Cookies
1 hr 30 mins
When it comes to peanut cookies these are my all time favorites. The combination of unsalted chopped peanuts and cinnamon with the peanut butter short crust is heavenly. Yes, the preparation of the short crust cookies is sometimes tricky, but it is worthwhile. For me they are the best peanut cookies and if you have taste them once you will do them again again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Peanut Short Crust
- 3 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/8 cup natural-style peanut butter, creamy and unsalted
- 4 1/2 tablespoons very cold water
- 1For the filling: chop peanuts and mix in a bowl with brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- 2Put flour, butter, sugar, salt and peanut butter into food processor. Mix until small pieces are formed.
- 3Add water and mix until it just holds together. Turn out on a floured flat surface and knead dough with floured hands one or two times just that dough holds together. Divide it into two parts.
- 4Layer plastic wrap on surface and well first part of dough with a floured rolling pin to a size of approximately 8.5 x 12.5 inches; set aside.
- 5Do the same with the second part of the dough. Sprinkle the filling onto this part of the dough. Cover it with the other part of the dough.
- 6Roll up from the short side to form a spiral. The plastic wrap will be of help. For Jumbo spirals roll up from the long side (a little bit tricky).
- 7Cover in plastic wrap and put into the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile preheat oven (390°F/200°C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- 8Take spiral out of the fridge and cut with a long knife into 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick slices. Before each cutting put knife into very hot water. Place spirals on baking paper with the aid of a cake shovel.
- 9Bake for 15-20 minutes until slightly to light golden brown. Take tray out of the oven and let cool spirals on tray for 5 minutes. Using a cake shovel remove spirals from tray and let cool completely.
- 10NOTE: the roll up and forming of the spiral as well as the cutting into slices can sometimes be a little bit tricky, be patient.
- 11Cooking time is chill time and baking time.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jumbo Peanut Spiral Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.4
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 36.6 mg
- Sodium 25.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 19.3 g
- Protein 9.1 g