Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe from "Farm Journal's Complete Home Baking Book".
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Set aside.
- Cream butter, peanut butter and sugars in another bowl until light and fluffy using electric mixer at medium speed.
- Add eggs, one at a time to creamed mixture; beat well after each addition.
- Blend in vanilla and milk.
- Gradually stir in dry ingredients, blending well.
- Stir in oats and raisins.
- Drop by tablespoon onto well greased baking sheets (about 2" apart).
- Bake in preheated 350* oven for 15 minutes, or till light golden brown.
These are just delicious. I got about 4 doz. using my cookie scoop. Made them exactly as written, except I did half a cup of raisins and half a cup of chocolate chips because I couldn't decide what I wanted more, lol. I sent a dozen home with my SIL just to get them away from me! They are soft, chewy, and were perfectly cooked in 15 minutes. I worried that the batter was a bit soft and runny (I used soft margarine in mine instead of butter) but they were totally perfect once they cooled off. Off to have a few more before bed!
very good. makes a very soft cookie. I may add chocolate chips or nuts next time. Thanks
Oh boy! I just love PB cookies and these were fantastic! I did leave out the raisins as I do not care for them, and the oatmeal gave them such a different texture than the usual. I will definetely be making these again!!! Thank you Fauve! :)