Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Martha's Everyday Food. These are my current favorite oatmeal cookie.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F; in a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Add flour mixture; beat just until combined. Stir in oats,raisins and coconut, beat just until combined.
- Drop level 1/4 cup measures of dough 1 1/2 inches apart onto baking sheets. (I use parchment paper).
- Bake until cookies have spread and are golden brown and soft to the touch, 18 to 20 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Cool 5 minutes on sheets; transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Makes 20 large cookies.
These are the very best oatmeal cookies I have ever eaten! I made mine with dried cranberries.