Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe that I've had since my High School Home Economics course way back in 19?? ...... oh, does it matter what year it was!! They are my favorite cookie still.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together butter and firmly packed brown sugar until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients and rolled oats to the creamed mixture.
- Mix until well blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and raisins. I don't put raisins in mine (kids don't like them) so I double my chocolate chips instead).
- Drop dough onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes.