Recipe by Elcowgirl
This is a recipe that I've had since my High School Home Economics course way back in 19?? ...... oh, does it matter what year it was!! They are my favorite cookie still.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄4 cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup raisins (optional, or add another cup of chocolate chips) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together butter and firmly packed brown sugar until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients and rolled oats to the creamed mixture.
- Mix until well blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and raisins. I don't put raisins in mine (kids don't like them) so I double my chocolate chips instead).
- Drop dough onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes.