Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are sturdy enough for packing and mailing.
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups M&M's, candy
- preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, and cinnamon. Beat until combined.
- Beat in eggs, oil, honey and vanilla until combined.
- Blend in flour and wheat germ. Stir in rolled oats and candies with a wooden spoon.
- Place 1/4 cup mounds of dough about 4" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet, lightly flatten each dough mound.
- Bake in the preheated oven about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2 minutes on sheet, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- TO STORE.
- Place cookies in layers seperated by waxed paper in an airtight container. Cover, store at room temperature for up to 3 days, or freeze up to 3 months.