Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
My take on Recipe 152594. I didn't have fresh pears (as the original called for) soI used canned. It makes a tender, moist muffin with a sweet crunchy topping.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats
- 2⁄3 cup pears with juice
- 2⁄3 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄3 cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄4 cup egg white
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 tablespoon coconut
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Heat oven to 400 and spray jumbo muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Combine flour through salt in large bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients (less 2 tbsp oats for topping) in another bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients until just mixed.
- Spoon batter into tins.
- Mix reserved oats, Splenda, coconut and butter and sprinkle on muffins.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in page for 5 minutes and then remove from pan.
Fabulous! Amazing! Delicious! Wonderful! The directions didn't say but I mashed the pears up. I didn't have soymilk so I used buttermilk & omitted the lemon juice. The only splenda I had was brown sugar splenda. I also used real Maine maple syrup instead of sugar-free. I also added more cinnamon just because we love it. These are moist & perfect. And wonderfully high in fiber. ;) Made for PAC 9/07.