Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from chef Jimmy Sneed when he had his Frog & The Redneck restaurant in Richmond, VA. Fantastic. Sometimes less is best, and with this recipe, the crab meat takes center stage. I serve them with a flavorful rice and a fresh vegetable and fruit compote on the side. If you want to serve these as appetizers, make more patties and watch the cooking time so that you don't overbake and dry them out.
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g large lump crabmeat
- 14.79 ml whole grain mustard
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Lightly brush 9x13" pan with olive oil.
- Pick through crab meat, removing any cartilage and place in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix mustard, egg and mayonnaise. Being careful not to break up the lumps, fold gently into the crab meat.
- Handling lightly, pat into four large cakes.
- Place into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven, turning once halfway through cooking time of 8-10 minutes, until golden.