Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This makes six semi-sweet jumbo muffins, if you prefer a sweet muffin you can add in a couple tablespoons sugar. See Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!) for greasing the pan.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-bran cereal
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Generously grease 6 jumbo muffin tins or line with jumbo paper liners.
- In a large bowl stir together the bran with milk; let sit for 5 minutes, then stir in mashed bananas, melted butter, vanilla honey and egg; stir to combine.
- In another bowl stir together flour with baking powder and salt; add to the wet ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon JUST until combined (any lumps are okay!).
- Add in nuts (if using).
- Divide the batter between the six muffin tins.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes or until muffins test done.