Recipe by MARIA MAC *
Theese are the best Chocolate Chip Cookies I have ever had. So buttery, crunchie and chewie. You can also add coconut or make with white chocolate chips or a combo of both. But always add the oatmeal and cornfakes. Yummy
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flakes (Crush slightly)
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant plain oatmeal
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt.
- Cream butter, margarine and sugars well.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture alternately with oil until all is thouroughly mixed.
- Stir in corn flakes, oatmeal and chocolate chips.
- Chill dough about 1 hour before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for about 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool on racks.
- Makes about 40 4 inches cookies.