Prep 2 hrs
Cook 35 mins
This is a slightly different take on cinnamon rolls. The whipping cream and brown sugar in the topping is out of this world. If you're in the mood to try a little something different, here's your recipe. It makes 12 very large rolls!
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 1⁄2-6 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add the milk, shortening, sugar, egg, salt, and 3 cups of flour; beat until smooth.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. You might not need the full amount.
- Knead on a floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down and roll into a 18x12 inch rectangle on a floured surface.
- Combine filling ingredients and sprinkle over dough. Roll up jelly roll style and cut into 12 slices using thread or dental floss.
- Combine topping ingredients and pour into 2 greased 8 inch square dishes.
- Place rolls on top of topping, cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes (every oven is different).
- Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto serving platter. Devour!