Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Recipegoldmine.com. I made these the day before Easter and within 30 minutes of coming out of the oven they were gone! I got 10 giant cookies and baked them for 10 minutes.
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 18 -20 hershey cookies 'n' creme nuggets, coarsely chopped (I threw in a few more)
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt the bittersweet chocolate in a saucepan over low heat; set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and both sugars with an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low; blend in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until just combined.
- Blend in the melted chocolate.
- Blend in the flour mixture, 1/4 cup at a time, until just combined.
- Gently stir in the cookies'n' creme chunks.
- Drop the dough by 1/4 cupfuls 2" apart onto the cookie sheets; bake 10-14 minutes, until the cookies are just set and the edges appear dry.
- Don't overbake.
- Cool completely (or until you just can't stand it anymore!) on a wire rack.
as i am not a fan of the giant cookie i used a 1 1/2" cookie scoop and dropped 45 balls; i lightly pressed them with a fork and cooked for 9 min. on an air bake cookie sheet with parchment. they were nice and moist in the middle. i used 24 nuggets,and the next batch i make i will use semi sweet chocolate rather than the bitter sweet as the taste is just a bit strong for my liking.