Recipe by hannahactually
These are the most delicious cupcakes I have EVER eaten. If you are a coconut lover, give these a try! I love them frosted with my Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups superfine sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup thick ured sour cream
- 1 cup tightly packed sweetened flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Film the inside of the muffin/cupcake cups with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg onto a sheet of waxed paper.
- Cream the butter in the large bowl of a freestanding electric mixer on moderate speed for 3 minutes.
- Add half of the superfine sugar and beat for 1 minute; add the balance of the superfine sugar and beat for 2 minutes longer.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing for 45 seconds after each addition.
- Blend in the vanilla extract.
- Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl frequently with a rubber spatula to keep the batter even textured.
- On low-speed, alternately add the sifted mixture in three additions with the sour cream in two additions, beginning and ending with the sifted mixture.
- The batter will be smooth, moderately thick, and buttercream-like.
- On low speed blend in the coconut.
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin/cupcake cups, mounding it slightly in the center.
- Bake the cupcakes for 30 to 35 minutes (hs note: less if you use smaller tins), or until risen and completely set.
- When baked, a wooden pick inserted in the center of a cupcake will withdraw clean.
- Cool the cupcakes in the pans on racks for 15 minutes. Carefully remove the cupcakes to cooling racks. Cool completely.