Recipe by Lainey39
I recently made these cookies after finding the recipe on the package of Nestle Chocolatier chocolate chunks. This is a great cookie for those who love dark chocolate. They are very moist and chewy. This recipe makes a dozen jumbo-sized cookies, but I'm sure you could make them smaller if you like. My family LOVES these cookies.
Top Review by Bev
These cookies are so good they were gone in no time! I made them as an addition to my 2008 Christmas Cookie Tray and will definitely be sure to add them to my next year's Christmas Tray as well. But be sure, I won't wait until Christmas to make them again!! Too good to wait!! The 1/4 cup makes a very nice sized cookie for your chocolate lovers. Thanks, Lainey!
- 1 3⁄4 cups semisweet chocolate chunks (53 percent cacao dark chocolate)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt 2/3 cup chunks in microwave-safe bowl on high power for 45 seconds; stir.
- Microwave an additional 10-15 second intervals, stirring until smooth; set aside.
- Sift flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt into medium bowl.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add melted chocolate and mix well.
- Add egg and vanilla extract, mixing until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Add flour mixture, mixing just until blended.
- Stir in remaining chunks.
- Drop dough by level 1/4-cup measure 3 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 16-18 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs and the tops have a cracked appearance.
- Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.