Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 10 basil leaves, shredded (or torn)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 20 white button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 4 kaiser rolls or 4 sandwich-size sourdough english muffins, split and toasted
- 4 leaves red leaf lettuce
- 1 vine-ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Arrange the defrosted chopped spinach in the center of a kitchen towel; wrap the towel around the spinach and squeeze out the excess liquid.
- Put the spinach in a bowl and combine with chicken, shallots, 2 tablespoons dijon mustard, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Divide meat into 4 equal portions; make 4 large patties, ¾ to 1-inch thick.
- Drizzle patties with oil and place them in the hot skillet.
- Cook 6-7 minutes on each side until chicken is cooked through.
- Preheat a second medium-size skillet over med-high heat with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add in the sliced mushrooms and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes, or until the mushrooms are nice and brown.
- Season with salt and pepper; add in the wine and cook until the pan is almost dry, about 2 minutes.
- Top the burgers with the mushroom topping and the swiss cheese (fold each slice of cheese in half to fit the burger, if needed).
- Cover loosely with foil; turn off the pan and let the cheese melt about 2 minutes.
- Slather the tops of the buns with mustard; place the burgers on the bun bottoms and top with lettuce and tomato.
- Put the bun tops in place; serve.